Author Topic: Chat on ags strait from Facebook with this page!  (Read 3018 times)

Jonathan Wedge

• It's the time of ICEY!!!
Re: Chat on ags strait from Facebook with this page!
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2011, 07:55 »
What does bleek mean?

monkey0506

• SEND PIZZA.
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2017, for his work to help AGS games reach the widest possible audience - through popular distribution platforms (Steam, Galaxy) as well as other operating systems (Android, Linux)
« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2011, 09:21 »
Seriously.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bleak

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bleak

You are..hysterical. You're now asking for us to define words in the English language for you. Awesome.

Anian

• I can help with backgrounds
    • I can help with characters
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with web design
« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2011, 10:21 »
Seriously.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bleak

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bleak

You are..hysterical. You're now asking for us to define words in the English language for you. Awesome.
Not his fault that there is not a dictionary app on Facebook.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Ali

• What will become of the baron?
    • Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2011, 10:35 »
In Icey's defence, 'bleek' really does sound like some kind of slang (especially with his spelling). I define it as follows:

Bleek /blēk/ adj (sl) created and promoted with inexplicable enthusiasm, but of limited use. [c2010 Internet Nonsense from bleakbleek'ness nbleek'ly adv.

InCreator

• Useless since 2003
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with backgrounds
« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2011, 12:12 »
In Icey's offense, I did not misspell bleak, Icey did.

and FaceAGSbook  still sucks.
Icey Games, how about making an app to play AGS games instead of trolling on the forums?  Take a game of yours and try to convert to FB App or something? Done correctly, this could lead to something great!
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 12:15 by InCreator »

m0ds

« Reply #25 on: 19 Apr 2011, 13:15 »
HAHAHAHA! So you are actually called Alvin, and your job is "Game designer at Square Enix". LOL, and you went to University in 2015.

Oh Icey!

« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 13:33 by Mods »

Jonathan Wedge

« Reply #26 on: 19 Apr 2011, 13:51 »
That's it lockk it,

I will not be forced to go back to iceygames,I will not be called a troll.
HAHAHAHA! So you are actually called Alvin, and your job is "Game designer at Square Enix". LOL, and you went to University in 2015.

Oh Icey!

I wonder if you really are just a product of Enix's fan-base.

Alvin is not my real name, I just changed it for fun. I have that on there for fun to, however I seem to get noticed a little more for my games. Also even though I don't say when I do grow up I might still want to  work at SE however so once in a while now because I have you cant post to fast, I show pictures of OSD2 and PMQ.legends. sometimes I get likes/comments sometimes I don't but the big thing is I hope one day that some post on facebook from SE will notice me.

m0ds

« Reply #27 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:00 »
Ok. I assure you the day you drop the Square Enix crap and you actually are just Alvin, you'll be noticed. This is friendly advice - I think you need to re-market yourself. Until you do that around here you're forever going to be known as icey.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 14:04 by Mods »

Jonathan Wedge

« Reply #28 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:10 »
It's hard to leave the square enix crap alone. thats like telling me not to play a game because most of the games I play is FF or kingdom hearts. That's like telling me not to draw because my art style is stuck in a form numora's art style. It may not be as good but it's close enough.

Do you know alvin and the chipmunks? that used to be my favorite show as a kids. I even have a alvin hoodie from the movie. My friends in school call me Alvin a lot. However it's just a silly little nick name.

« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 14:11 by Studio3 »

WHAM

• WHAMGAMES
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with voice acting
    • WHAM worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #29 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:18 »
Originality is good. Mercilessly ripping off material from someone else, such as SquareEnix, is just not right.
A good example is that website of yours. Crudely ripped and drawn-over sprites, SquareEnix's name and logo everywhere.

Nobody is saying you can't like their stuff, but you really need to try harder to separate your style from theirs, or the accusations of plagiarism will never, ever end. If you really want to stick with this SquareEnix stuff,  you should keep to SquareEnix fan forums or something and keep that attitude there.
My Fortnightly Writing Competition collected works
https://goo.gl/VUQbzU

m0ds

« Reply #30 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:20 »
Sure, but do you not see that to us you just seem like some kind of cyborg sent from the Enix to pester all mankind...about Enix?

I love Transport Tycoon but every sentence I speak generally doesn't include it or some reference to it, which seems to be the only trait of your personality we actually see around here. Your facebook is depressing because you just don't seem like a real person as everyone else who uses it does, you seem like the most manufactured man of all manufactured men.

It's hard to believe when you go out with friends or when you're sitting at dinner with parents all you're talking about is SE, Pubmaster quests and Dennis'. The sooner you're prepared to be a bit more human in your approach here the sooner you'll be treated like one & taken more seriously.

As Icey the SE fan-boy, you ARE a troll. When you start to become Alvin the developer you'll be taken more seriously.

That's all.  :=

Jonathan Wedge

« Reply #31 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:49 »
That pubmembers site hasn't been edited in a long time. It's filed with square enix stuff.

I HAVE OTHER THINGS IN LIFE TO DO BUT SITE AROUND WORKING ON PMQ OR OSD & THINKING ABOUT SE.

I'm not a "T-101" sen't from SE to harass anyone here. I don't speak much of SE.
As Icey the SE fan-boy, you ARE a troll. When you start to become Alvin the developer you'll be taken more seriously.

After reading what a troll is I notice that I am not a troll maybe icey was, however like I said before I do not speak about SE here as much as before.
Your the troll for bringing up SE. There for making me respond back to it.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
And I don't see whats the big deal with SE here. You make it seem like I am passing out magazines to say I have seen Jesus Christ. This is a indie game forum based on the program AGS. As long as I am making the game & not selling I don't see whats the problem.

Ali

• What will become of the baron?
    • Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #32 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:03 »
You've been pushed into being a bit more articulate, which is great. I agree you're not a troll (any more). However, although people are teasing you, everyone is encouraging you to just settle down and focus on making games.

Don't get stressed out. Just remember that there are a bunch of people here waiting for you to surprise them one day with a cool completed game.

Khris

• having to deal with what games are going through
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with translating
    • Khris worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #33 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:05 »
In Icey's defence, 'bleek' really does sound like some kind of slang (especially with his spelling). I define it as follows:

Bleek /blēk/ adj (sl) created and promoted with inexplicable enthusiasm, but of limited use. [c2010 Internet Nonsense from bleakbleek'ness nbleek'ly adv.

Genius, I'll be using that a LOT. Let's make it a meme, spread the word!

Also, isn't Icey's/Alvin's/Studio3's/Troll's real name Isiah Sweeting?

Icey, you're trolling in the sense that you keep doing things that you were advised against multiple times and you don't learn shit from being put down every single time you publish something.
You're also completely incapable of distinguishing what (part of a) project is a worthwhile undertaking and what is a complete waste of time (e.g. emulating big game companies' publishing and marketing methods).

Also:
Ok what it is, is that I seem to make forget the [ing] however only time I mess up in a sentence is when I spell something wrong then go back to fix it. Also the reason as to why this happens is because I my laptop mouse pad is leveled in a way that when I go for a letter I might move the mouse/tap it at the same time thus moving me around in my typing and I wont notice it until later on. And sense I am use to my keyboard, if I don't press hard enough on the keys on my laptop then it wont put the letter. I only speak English and I was born in boston. I can't type and look at the screen so I look at the key board. This is also a reason as to why I type like that.
-I seem to make forget
-because I my laptop mouse pad
-And sense I am use to my keyboard (since, used)
-wont
-boston
-key board

Nobody cares about your hardware setup, and claiming that what's missing from your posts is random letters is obviously a lie.

Putting a broken AGS forums site into a facebook page is another huge, useless waste of time. You can usually switch tabs with Ctrl-Tab, and open a new one with Ctrl-T. You can open a link in a new tab by clicking it with the mouse wheel/middle button. There's also FireGestures, an Add-on for firefox. I'm using all of those without even noticing it. Just sayin'.

Jonathan Wedge

« Reply #34 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:16 »
You've been pushed into being a bit more articulate, which is great. I agree you're not a troll (any more). However, although people are teasing you, everyone is encouraging you to just settle down and focus on making games.

Don't get stressed out. Just remember that there are a bunch of people here waiting for you to surprise them one day with a cool completed game.

Thanks Ali, That's something I needed. I will calm down & go back to work on my game.

Genius, I'll be using that a LOT. Let's make it a meme, spread the word!

Also, isn't Icey's/Alvin's/Studio3's/Troll's real name Isiah Sweeting?

Icey, you're trolling in the sense that you keep doing things that you were advised against multiple times and you don't learn shit from being put down every single time you publish something.
You're also completely incapable of distinguishing what (part of a) project is a worthwhile undertaking and what is a complete waste of time (e.g. emulating big game companies' publishing and marketing methods).

Also:
Ok what it is, is that I seem to make forget the [ing] however only time I mess up in a sentence is when I spell something wrong then go back to fix it. Also the reason as to why this happens is because I my laptop mouse pad is leveled in a way that when I go for a letter I might move the mouse/tap it at the same time thus moving me around in my typing and I wont notice it until later on. And sense I am use to my keyboard, if I don't press hard enough on the keys on my laptop then it wont put the letter. I only speak English and I was born in boston. I can't type and look at the screen so I look at the key board. This is also a reason as to why I type like that.
-I seem to make forget
-because I my laptop mouse pad
-And sense I am use to my keyboard (since, used)
-wont
-boston
-key board

Nobody cares about your hardware setup, and claiming that what's missing from your posts is random letters is obviously a lie.

Putting a broken AGS forums site into a facebook page is another huge, useless waste of time. You can usually switch tabs with Ctrl-Tab, and open a new one with Ctrl-T. You can open a link in a new tab by clicking it with the mouse wheel/middle button. There's also FireGestures, an Add-on for firefox. I'm using all of those without even noticing it. Just sayin'.

Yes that is my real name. Also forget the mini AGS/facebook app page. It's a use it or don't page not a criticizes page that was made to let me no that it doesn't work like the original page. If you do however want to use it just click the home button to get back to the normal page. Or is that to much work? :P

Stupot

• I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with voice acting
« Reply #35 on: 19 Apr 2011, 22:16 »

I agree.  You've got something a lot of people (myself included) lack: the motivation to actually bother doing anything.  People seem to be teasing you're Facebook experiment, but I was personally a tad impressed, despite its problems.  You clearly enjoy what you're doing and at times you show a kind of vision that I almost envy.  I too am looking forward to your magnum opus.

monkey0506

• SEND PIZZA.
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2017, for his work to help AGS games reach the widest possible audience - through popular distribution platforms (Steam, Galaxy) as well as other operating systems (Android, Linux)
« Reply #36 on: 19 Apr 2011, 22:30 »
You're right. It is a "use it or don't page" and people need to stop using it for a "criticizes page" which it isn't!!

Khris, there's also:

-wen't
-men't
-wont (read as: won't)
-wont (read as: want)
-wont (read as: won't/wouldn't want)

..and..so much more. So very, very, very much more. :=

Oh, and Icey McAlvinster, I just wanted to point out that since you "can't type and look at the screen" that you are incapable of typing. "typing" is not the act of staring at the keyboard to find each letter as you press it. If you can't look away from the keyboard and still find the keys with your fingers in order to press them and form the words you want ("wont"), then you can't actually type.

Typos are not an indication that you can't type. I make errors all the time, usually correcting them before posting/sending the message. Sometimes I don't correct them beforehand, and have to go back later. But the entire time I've been typing this, I haven't looked at the keyboard once. I've looked at the screen, the TV, my roommate, and pretty much everywhere but the keyboard. Coz I know how to type.

The reason people are accusing you of trolling, Sir McAlvinster Iceyington, is because you are constantly (constantly) creating threads like this one. How to add Like button to every post I make so everyone can Like it on Facebook? How to play all AGS games on Wii? How to make download content on Wii for Facebook in AGS?

Your website has already been noted with its blatant copyright infringement, plagiarism, and sheer unadulterated theft of the Square Enix content. You can blame it on mistakes of the past all you want, but you still have it linked in your profile. You still haven't gone to your webhost and changed some filenames around to stop people from encountering it. You, in short, have taken absolutely no action to stop people from seeing the content, yet you go off on a rant when anybody says the slightest thing about it.

You have asked how to post content to Facebook from within an AGS game, how to create an Xbox Live-esque market for downloadable content within AGS, and a hundred other things, that despite people telling you that "it's not gonna happen", you insist is now a fully functioning part of your game.

You claim that because you devote a significant portion of your time to working on your game that it's "nearly finished" despite the fact that the graphics, music, coding, voice acting, sound effects, and more are all so far away from being completed as to raise the question of what you have actually been working on.

I don't mean this to be offensive. I am pointing out things that you have done to try and explain why people are calling you a troll. If you don't want them to call you a troll, then stop doing things like what I've described here. Don't think about it. Don't try. Just stop doing it. Otherwise, you're still going to be called, and treated, as a troll.

I actually think that you are quite talented, but when you put it to use in the way that you do, it practically negates any good that could come about from your talents.

Jonathan Wedge

« Reply #37 on: 20 Apr 2011, 00:34 »
@stupot:Thanks

@Monkey: Ok I will stop trying to make little things like this.

I didn't say I was made about the old site. I still get visitors because of things on the site that are SE related or iceygames related.
I have a new site that focuses only on studio3.

Also just for the record I remember someone, no - many telling me you could'nt make a JRPG with AGS. & who proved it was possible? Ben. I can't say it's true but I think I made one of the longest JRPG/AGS game. A lot of little things is not possible with AGS however it takes members here to make them possible. :=

P.S. That's directed to you but to the ones that told me it's not possible.